Wednesday, December 24, 2008

my apologies. and my concerns, as well.

I'm sorry for my prolonged absence, but I've been really busy. Why, you may ask?

Well.. Elisabeth has sort of got a boyfriend =D

He's a trad, and we've known each other for years, but he just recently moved back here. He was shoveling off our driveway when I came out and asked him if he wanted some cocoa--"because I hear that living people like that sort of thing," har de har har. (I'm a dork, whatever =P) Anyway, he accepted my offer and I brought him some and sat down with him for a while and we talked. Turns out the reason he moved back here is because of school; he'll be attending a college near here when he graduates (he's a senior) and he wants to get used to the area again. Go figure.

So anyway, Aiden (that's his name) and I went to the mall for a while with some friends to hang out and to get him introduced to some of the people, or re-introduced, as the case tended to be. And after a few weeks, we got to talking and... we're sort of dating now. So I guess I lied, he's not really my boyfriend, but it's been a fair few dates and things are going really well. Dad wholly disapproves, which I hear is normal. 

Dad has finally won the fight to get me in public high school. Actually, another lie. It's not a public school, it's a performing arts school. I auditioned (with my trusty violin) and after a week (should it really take that long?) they decided that I can start classes once the year turns. I have my first class on... January fifth; I just checked my calendar. The days run shorter than Aiden's school, which is nice, but... I'm the only DB kid in the entire place. So I'm a little nervous. Someone might try to kill me (again!) or something.

And last [but definitely not least], Jack has had a birthday. He is now nine years old and seems interested in the piano and in Harry Potter. That's what he got for his birthday--I got him a full boxed set of the HP books. Absolutely killed my allowance for like, two months. But that's okay.

Here are my latest concerns and questions, to sum up my life lately:
  • I never had a boyfriend when I was alive. It's wonderful, but would I be feeling more if I had a beating heart?
  • Very embarrassed by this, but I'll tell you: I'm afraid to let Aiden kiss me. He hasn't tried because he's an old-fashionedy type, but kissing a wormburger can't be like kissing a human... well, there goes my self-pity again. Shut it up =]
  • Will this school be good at all? I don't remember regular school as well as I should. What I hope is that my music can create some common ground with the other kids. I need to make some friends there.
Let's hope I get over the kissing thing. And that Aiden doesn't find my blog.

No comments: