Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Family

I thought I'd clue you in as to what goes on in my family, just so you all know. 

Before I died, there were eight of us: Dad, Mom, me, Denise, Carrie, Jack, Emily, and Ben. I was 15, Denise was 12, Carrie was 10, Jack was seven, Emily was five, and Ben was four. Jack is a special little kid in that he's autistic, so he requires some extra attention here and there. 

After I died, there was a lot of pressure on my parents. Mom is very religious--she thought I was some sort of "spawn of the devil." She actually sought "help" in the form of a lovely exorcism. However, Daddy put his foot down. His acceptance of my condition caused Mom to file for a divorce. 

The custody battle took longer than I was willing to deal with. They finally realized the truth--that Mom wasn't prepared to take care of Jack--and since I'm not a legal human, there was no talk of who had custody of me. So, in the end, Denise, Carrie, Emily, and Ben went with our mom, and Jack and I got to stay with Dad.

It's confusing, but I like it because no one who went with Mom really likes me anymore. Jack couldn't care less. =]

Jack and I (well, mainly me) are trying to get Dad a girlfriend--after all, it's been over a year. But he's stubborn and insists that we're all he needs. So I do the cooking, the cleaning, etc. I complain, but I secretly love feeling important. Let's face it--there are only to people in the world who need me! =D

No comments: